Hey, y’all! Here’s a quick rundown of all the new things I’m sure you’re DYING to know.
- First, the new comic I mentioned. Comeback Kings #1 (in stores March 30th), written by Matt Sullivan and Gabe Guarente and illustrated by yours truly. It’s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Celebrity Rehab, only the celebrities are all dead icons. The art style is slightly different from what you see in Tails; I used digital inks along with zip-a-tone. Not my usual M.O., but it was the perfect fit for this concept (and you’ll still see elements of my aesthetic approach and storytelling). Now go out to your local comic shop and ORDER them to get you a copy. Shake a fist full of cash if you have to.
- Ninja Warrior aka Sasuke. Have any of you ever seen this shit before? And I say shit in a good way. It is the fucking craziest shit I’ve ever seen. For those who’ve never heard of the show, it’s the ultimate – literally, the ULTIMATE – competition show that pits man against obstacle. It’s like watching human beings trying to conquer a Super Mario stage brought to life. The reason I’m salivating here is because my fiance and I recently discovered/obsessed over this show. I can’t get enough of it!
- Quick Knicks tangent: MELO, BABY!!! MELO!!!
- Sorry to anyone on the RSS feed who has been receiving old posts. I’m not sure why that is happening or if it was only one or two people. If anyone has any clue, feel free to hit me up.
- Everyone seems to be enjoying the new storyline, and the new ‘villain’, Jordan. Sigh, it wasn’t so long ago when all of you wanted to clench your fists and give Ethan a one-two punch. My, how times have changed. Just to elaborate, since some of you have expressed interest: YES, Jordan is slightly based on a couple of old classmates + a few unnamed comic artists. I’ll let you figure out who those artists might be.