For those who haven’t had the chance to see it, there’s a sweet review of Tails over at The Beat, courtesy of Hannah Means-Shannon. Go Like it and Tweet it like nobody’s business; spread the word!!
Heya, folks! (I think I use the word ‘folks’ a bit too much.) Just a quick rundown of all things new and semi-interesting:
- First up, MoCCA Fest 2013 this coming weekend. I’ll be selling lots of goodies and anyone who is around should totally stop by the table.
- Concerning the next segment of ‘Tails’, I’ve wrapped up chapters 16 – 19, and just started chapter 20. It’s really a weird experience to see a labor of love draw to an end. I’m really going to miss Cartoon Ethan. Maybe I’ll grant him a cameo appearance in my future comics as an aging fart.
- Sorry I haven’t been able to post as many journal comix as I originally intended. When I first started this experiment, I was SURE that I could at least drop 2 a week. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. I recently wrapped up a huge storyboard project and I’m already planting the seeds for my next graphic novel, all while crafting the final chapter of ‘Tails’. Plus, a lot of my downtime has been monopolized by video games and basketball. I’m 75% done with ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ (a game that everyone recommended to me). That game is equal parts brilliant, and equal parts frustratingly-angry-I’m-gonna-punch-a-hole-through-the-PS3.
- Speaking of which, I’m not sure how you, the reader, has been responding to the journal comics. Like? Dislike? Hate? Leave a thought.
Hi, folks! Hope everyone has been keeping warm this winter. Here are 2 upcoming events that I’m participating in:
- First off is Ithacon 38, this coming Saturday on March 2nd, 10 am to 4 pm (free admission). If you’re in or around Central NY, feel free to come on down and give the convention a visit. It’s free to the public and loads of fun. Ithacon 38 is located at 123 The Commons, Ithaca, NY.
- The second event is at Housing Works Bookstore on Tuesday, March 5th, 7pm (also free to the public). I’ll be taking part in a unique comic panel, The Cartoonist in Comics: Using Autobiography in Graphic Novels. I’m hoping for a good turnout at this event, so if you’re in NYC (and you want to have an awesome time), please think about dropping by and showing your support. Housing Works Bookstore is located on 126 Crosby Street, New York, NY.
Other than that, not much else for March. I’ll have updates on April later. I hope everyone is enjoying these weekly journal comics.
Also, here’s an interview with SFsignal, courtesy of one Ms. Carrie Cuinn.
Go give both a read!
The title says it all. Hope everyone is having a great holiday with family and friends. Be safe and happy.